Do you want to spend your holiday in Key West having fun and relaxing? You’re not the only one who thinks the same way! Every year, a large number of individuals fly into Key West!
There are numerous things to do in Key West, and if you arrange ahead, you will almost definitely have a fantastic time! Start by reading these useful tips for planning the best Key West weekend.
You must first get to Key West before you can enjoy your holiday! You could drive from Miami, but it would take at least four to five hours. The majority of people prefer to fly.
The majority of people prefer to fly.
Consider flying in and then driving out if you really want to experience the road trip. Just keep in mind that for the most part, it’s a two-lane highway, so allow plenty of time for traffic – and a few strategic photos stops.
If you’re already in southwest Florida, you can also take the Key West Express ferry. This three-hour tour departs from Fort Myers Beach and Marco Island on sometimes. When it arrives in Key West, most accommodations are only a short walk.
Where to Stay in Key West?
The variety of accommodations available is one of the reasons that make Key West so attractive. Whether you want to stay in a high-end resort or a cozy bungalow, you’ll find what you need here. However, you’ll want to make sure you budget properly.
While there are some cheap hotel options in Key West, we don’t recommend them! If saving money is a priority for you, you’ll want to stay away from Duvall Street. Near the Southernmost Point, hotels are frequently less expensive, and the area is much peaceful.
However, if you want to be back in the midst of everything, try to set aside some extra cash for your accommodations. This will ensure that you get the most out of your trip to Key West.
Getting Around Key West
You’ll almost surely have a rental car if you’re traveling the Overseas Highway. If you arrive by plane or boat, however, we recommend skipping the car completely. It’s simple to get to Key West on foot, by bicycle, or by Uber.
It’s difficult to get parking in Key West, especially if you’re staying in Old Town. This is yet another reason to think twice about driving.
Also Read: Top 7 Tips to do before you travel
What to Do in Key West on a Weekend?
One thing you can depend on when visiting Key West is that you will never be bored! For first-timers, some of the “need to see” attractions include:
- The southernmost point
- The Key West Butterfly Conservancy
- Custom House
- Mel Fisher Museum
- The Museum of Shipwreck Treasures
We propose choosing an open-air trolley ride with Old Town Trolley Tour or scheduling a trip with Ultimate-helitours.com for a truly unforgettable experience. This is one of Key West’s best-kept secrets!
Think about going snorkeling or on a sunset cruise if you enjoy the water. For those who prefer to kick back and relax, there is lots of shopping and lovely beaches.
The Duval Crawl
One of the best things about visiting Key West is the variety of popular bars and restaurants! You won’t want to miss out on many of the must-see locations.
There are lots of open-air, laid-back places to visit when it comes to bars and pubs. You travel back in time by visiting some of Hemmingway’s favorite places – and make some new memories along the way.
The majority of the well-known bars are within walking distance of one another, and you can visit them all while joining in the “Duval Crawl” (a Key West-style bar crawl). You’ll hit all of the following if you do it properly:
- Sloppy Joe’s
- Hog’s Breath Saloon
- Captain Tony’s
- Bourbon St. Pub
- The Littlest Bar in the World
- The Bull & Whistle
Complete your adventure by visiting the Conch Republic Seafood Company and Schooner Wharf, both located just off Duvall St. Make sure you allow enough time to relax and enjoy some delicious conch fritters while listening to live music.
Dining in Key West
One of our best Key West suggestions is to eat as much as possible! Seriously! This place is noted for having some of Florida’s best food. You’ll find exactly what you’re looking for here, whether you desire cutting-edge cuisine at an upscale restaurant or a hole-in-the-wall.
The food is strongly influenced by Cuban and fresh-seafood cuisines. Here are a few of our favorite restaurants:
- Blue Heaven – Fans of Jimmy Buffet will enjoy the lively environment, live music, and delicious food at this restaurant.
- El Meson De Pepe – a colourful, cheerful atmosphere with excellent Cuban food.
- Latitudes at Santiago’s Bodega is a unique dining experience with unrivalled sunset views.
- Caroline’s Café – It is in a lovely location for people-watching, and the food and key lime pie are excellent.
- First Flight Island Restaurant and Brewery – once the home of Pan-American Airlines, this cool restaurant today serves delicious food, good beers, and amazing homemade sangria.
- Turtle Kraals – Fresh oysters, ceviche, peel-and-eat shrimp, and plenty of chilled beer greet you at Turtle Kraals.
- Pepe’s – one of Key West’s best breakfast restaurants and (perhaps) the best Key Lime pie.
- The Queen of Cuban Coffee – incredible artwork and some of the greatest coffee in the Keys
These are just a few of our favorites, but as you travel the Keys, you’ll discover a variety of other wonderful places.
Enjoy Your Trip!
Now you have all the information you need to plan an unforgettable Key West weekend! Do you need some more ideas for your trip bucket list? Take some time to look around the rest of our website!
We’ve got tons of great travel advice to help you embrace your wanderlust and get out there and see the world!
Which is your favorite vacation destination do tell us in a comment section? Let us know in the comments or contact us directly if you have any questions or thoughts to share.
Follow Us on Social Media For More Interesting Updates
- The “Gorilla Glue Girl” never wanted her nickname
- FIFA World Cup 2022 | Here are the squads and schedules of all teams
- Lady Finger Part 2 Web Series (2022) Ullu: Cast, Watch Online, Release Date, All Episodes, Real Names
- Review of Universal Studios Hollywood’s “Us” and “Nope” Terror Tram 2022’s Halloween Horror Nights
- Mega Millions $494M big jackpot won, tickets sold in California and Florida